Photography is my favorite creative outlet.
A life-long creative, I started taking crayons to walls as a toddler and worked my way through many arts and crafts through the years.
I earned a Bachelor of Arts in technical theater, focused on stagecraft and lighting design with a minor in Art History.
During my sophomore year in college, I was wandering around the book store and bought the most influential book I’ve read is “Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind” by Shunryu Suzuki
My first camera was a gift in 1982 and I’ve been a self-taught photographer ever since.
I started experimenting with digital photographic art in 2004 using Gimp and began deeply exploring digital photo manipulation in 2017 when I found Sebastian Michael’s Photoshop Grunge Artistry class.
Place my work has been featured:
- The internationally acclaimed “Living the Photo Artistic Life” magazine
- Light Space & Time Botanical exhibitions
- Permanent display at the Seattle Go Center – Pair go promotional poster
In parallel with my photography, I have an equally long career as an administrative professional.
I live in the Emerald City with my supportive partner and a collection of 16″ fashion and ball jointed dolls. Tenukihandcrafts was coined by my hubby. Tenuki is a term from the game of go that means to take the initiative and play elsewhere.
My camera gear
- Canon Rebel T1i
- Canon 10-18 mm lens
- Canon 24 mm lens
- Canon 18-55 mm lens
- Canon 50 mm lens
- Canon 75-300 mm lens
- Lensbaby Velvet 56
- Lensbaby Composer Pro
- Sweet 50 optic
- Soft Focus II optic
- Lensbaby Omni Creative Filter System
- Wacom Intuos Pro tablet
- Sears KS500 with 50 mm lens
Themes in my work
Apps & Tools I love
- Adobe Lightroom CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- PhotographyBB Photoshop actions
New to Fine Art Photography?
Check out my series on Creative Photography Basics, where I work through a new fine art photographic canvas from inspiration to final work.
Fine Art Photography Resources & Inspiration
- Photography BB Marketplace for very cool Photoshop actions
- My Photo Artistic Life – take Photoshop classes from the brilliant Sebastian Michaels
- Brooke Shaden – not afraid to explore the dark places of the soul and yet, she’s a goofball. I love that.
- Robert Cornelius – seriously, what’s not to love about his work?