Hi ho friends.
I have posted the first in a series of video tutorials on how to make a 6″ tall, mixed media stump style art doll. Click this link to go to my Freebies/Tutorials page.
I don’t yet know how many videos will be in the tutorial, since I’m filming as I make the doll and have to adhere to the Youtube 15 minute limit (‘cuz I have a free account).
Here are the supplies used for this project:
- An old magazine
- Masking tape
- A small oval shaped item to trace around. You can freehand it, if you like.
- heavy cardboard (not corregated – it’s too soft)
- Air dry clay. I use Creative Paperclay
- Matte medium to seal the clay once it’s dry. I like Liquitex Matte Medium
- Pitt Brush Pens. Faber Castell makes a terrific skin tone brush set
- black Sakura Micron pens for details
I’ll add to the supplies list as I add videos.
April 22, 2017: Part 2 has been added. In this segment: the head is made, attached to the body, and then sealed with matte medium.